Home > My Area > Fire guts buildings, vehicles in Magodo

Fire guts buildings, vehicles in Magodo

A fire incident which occurred in Magodo community, Lagos Mainland, yesterday, Thursday, March 21, 2019, has left a part of the neighbourhood in ruins.

It was gathered that the incident which occurred at midday razed a building located at No. 15 Adebiyi Street, Magodo Phase 1, destroying properties worth millions of naira.

Sources reveal that the fire started around noon and razed two flats on the upper floor of the one-storey building.

The prompt intervention of rescue officers and the men of the Lagos State Fire Service put an end to the raging fire, InsideMainland gathered.

It was learnt that the fire started following an electrical spark in one of the flats due to fluctuating power supply.

“The fire was as a result of an electrical spark. I was only able to run out with my phone and laptop, because I did not notice it early enough. We have lost everything to the fire. Not even a pin was salvaged from the apartments. We lost money, documents and properties. As I speak to you now, we are left with nothing and only God knows where we are going to lay our heads tonight,” a resident told Punch

Reacting to the incident, the Lagos State Fire Service, Mrs Bola Ajao, said officials of the service were deployed to put the situation under control.

“The fire started from the upper flat of the main building and our Alausa station responded around 12.29pm. The station was later supported by the Ikeja Fire Station. The fire was contained to the flat, while other apartments were saved from burning,” she said.

Comments

comments

Idris Aina
Idris is a media and communications professional with keen attention to details. An entertainment enthusiast, he is an ardent fan of the team from the Red Side of Manchester with love for football banters. He tweets with the handle @arlomah.
http://insidemainland.com