Ahead of the forthcoming Access Bank Lagos Marathon scheduled to hold on Saturday, February 2, 2019, for about 12 hours, the government through the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has announced that there will be closure of some major roads for the event.
According to LASTMA, some parts of Lagos will be closed to vehicular and human traffic for the safety of thousands of runners, hundreds of thousands of cheering fans and millions of Lagosians.
As a result, motorists are urged to seek alternative routes planned to ease the movement of Lagosians and thousands who would want to join us at the Eko Atlantic finish point.
Below is the list of alternative routes for motorists to use during the marathon.
· All vehicles from Ikeja and environs headed to Victoria Island MUST go through Ikorodu Road.
· All vehicles from Badagry, Mile 2 and environs going to Victoria Island MUST go through Apapa and Orile to link the Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Residents of Lagos Mainland, Surulere and environs MUST avoid Masha Area and National Stadium but can link Victoria Island through Iponri/Iganmu, Eko Bridge then unto Victoria Island.
· Vehicles coming from Ibadan, Mowe and environs can link Victoria Island through Ojota, Ikorodu Road, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vechicles from Okota MUST go through Mile 2 to Orile, Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicle from Sango-Otta going to Victoria Island MUST go through Mushin, Funso Williams Avenue (Western Avenue), Eko Bridge to Victoria Island.
· Vehicles Coming from Epe, Ajah, Lekki and environs must use the Alternative Route to Victoria Island. Ikoyi residents going to the mainland can use the Alfred Rewane (Kingsway Road) link to Osborne then to the Mainland.
Meanwhile, the following roads will be totally or partially closed for the duration of the marathon.
A. Total closure of the Third Mainland Bridge from 6.45am to 2pm
B. Alaka Road Service lane will be closed from 5.00am to 7.30am
C. National Stadium to Ojuelegba, Dormanlong Bridge. Onipanu Obanikoro and Anthony will be closed from 6.00am to 8.00am
D. From Anthony ,Charley Boy Bus Stop to Oworoshoki Will be closed from 6.30am to 8.30am
From Adekunle Junction linking the Third Mainland Bridge will be closed from 7.00am to 2pm.