Medical experts have stressed over time that eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
Fruit and vegetables should be an important part of your daily diet. This is because they are naturally good and contain vitamins and minerals that can help to keep you healthy. They can also help protect against some diseases.
To better understand the reasons why you need to include fruits and veggies in your diet, you need to see the followings;
- Including fruits and vegetables in your diets helps protect you from various diseases. Scientific research shows that if you regularly eat lots of fruit and vegetables, you have a lower risk of:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart (cardiovascular) disease – when fruits and vegetables are eaten as food, not taken as supplements
- Cancer – some forms of cancer, later in life
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Eating fruits and vegetables helps build your immune system to fight bacteria
- It serves as weight management – aside health benefits, adding fruits and vegetables serve as a remedy for weight management.
- Fruits and vegetables serves as part of a treatment plan to help boost your metabolism.