A branch of Ecobank located in Itire community, Lagos Mainland, was gutted by fire during the weekend leaving residents in the area to scamper for safety.
According to sources in the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the fire that gutted the building was due to a power surge.
The source told InsideMainland that the incident at night when most residents were in their homes, hence, the prompt move to put out the fire before a distress call was made to the emergency rescue team of the agency.
It was gathered that the Fire & Rescue team of LASEMA were deployed to the location to put out the inferno that had already spread into other parts of the building.
InsideMainland cannot independently verify the worth of properties lost in the inferno.
See some photos from the scene below.