Few hours into the commencement of the New Year, the administrators of Oshodi – Isolo Local Government has announced that residents and road users who violate traffic laws guiding road usage in the community will face sanctions henceforth.
In a public notice issued by the Media crew attached to the Office of Chairman, Mr. Bolaji Muse-Ariyo, and obtained by InsideMainland, the LG officials claimed that the administrators had erected street signs across different sections of the Lagos Mainland community to guide road users.
According to the statement, the LG officials said: “The general public is hereby notified of existing laws on traffic in Oshodi – Isolo Local Government. Hence the following under listed streets has been erected with signposts for attention.
“Note the side of the listed streets or roads which has sign post signifying that the side is prohibited.”
While urging residents and motorists to take note of these signposts and traffic laws, the LG officials stated that: “Take note of this signpost in our environment and obey them. Ignorance is not an excuse for violating laws.”
See below the streets where new signposts were erected in Oshodi – Isolo LG area.
1. Brown street: No right side parking , No waiting, No stopping.
ii . Other side parking + ticketing
2. Adeyemi Street: From sterling bank to Arowojobe junction: No parking, No waiting
3. Afariogun Street: No parking by the right hand side
4. Church Street to Adeyemi junction: No parking by the right hand side
5. Daodu/Rufai Street: No parking by the right hand side
6. Igbehinadun Street from Oyetayo junction: No entry
7. Igbehinadun Street: No parking by the right hand side
8. Olaogun link by Boladale Street: No Entry
9. Olaogun link by Oshodi road: No Entry