While majority of Lagos Mainland residents and others across the nation are still in festive mood, residents of Oworonshoki community woke up today, Tuesday, January 2, 2017, to a very sad incident.
A fire incident which occurred in the early hours of this morning in the community has claimed several structures while residents struggle to put out the fire.
InsideMainland gathered that the inferno was caused by residents who stored petroleum products in their home.
Sources in the community who spoke to InsideMainland said the fire started from a house close to the Oworonshoki Ferry Jetty with more than 10 houses affected in the fire.
InsideMainland cannot independently verify if the officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Authority (LASEMA) are at the scene yet as calls made to the agency’s lines were not answered.
More updates to follow.
Watch video of the scene below.