Following the allegations of his involvement in a robbery attack on a fellow artiste, Mr. 2kay, Nigerian dancehall star, Damini Ogulu popularly known as Burna Boy, who submitted himself to the Lagos State Police Command to state his side of the story will be charged to court tomorrow, the Police has announced.
In a statement signed by the Command’s Spokesperson, SP Chike Oti and obtained by InsideMainland, the Command said, Burna Boy was subsequently arrested, interrogated and detained and is expected to be charged to court tomorrow, Monday, December 18, 2017, alongside four of members of the gang earlier arrested.
The State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, after the interrogation, said the State Police Command has zero tolerance for all forms of crime and would not hesitate to prosecute anyone found culpable in any criminal offence perpetrated in the State.
“There would be no sacred cows. This Command is poised to ensure that every resident can feel safe wherever they are and carry out their businesses without fear or favour. Anyone therefore found to be involved in this case would be made to face the law to clear his or her name or face prosecution,” Imohimi said.
Recall that the pop musician was earlier declared wanted by the Lagos Police Command in connection with the robbery attack on another popular musician, Mr. 2kay at Eko Hotel and Suites early last month. He reportedly reported to the Command headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos Mainland at about 5pm on Friday.
During the parade of the suspects earlier arrested in connection with the robbery case, one of the suspects, Tunmise Omotore, a gang leader of the suspected robbers, had confessed on how they disguised as room service to rob Mr. 2kay on the instructions of Burba Boy’s Road Manager, Joel Kantiock.