The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has concluded special arrangements for motorists within and outside the venue of the All Progressive Congress chairmanship primaries scheduled for today, Saturday 27th of May, 2017 at the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere.
Assuring motorists and members of the public of the agency’s adequate preparation and deployment of traffic officials to achieve free flow of traffic, LASTMA has put in place a traffic advisory for motorists.
As a result of the diversion, see below for details of traffic advisory for motorists.
* Surulere bound motorists from the Lagos Island descending Eko Bridge to use Constain through Breweries into Eric Moore to Bode Thomas for onward movement within Surulere.
*Motorists can move further from Costain Round About to Iponri bus stop and navigate through Iponri Estate to link up Bode Thomas Street for onward Surulere journey.
* Lagos Island bound motorists from Surulere are advised to link Adelabu into Babs Animasaun through Bode Thomas to Eric Moore through Breweries onto Costain for onward movement to Lagos Island through Eko Bridge.
* The alternative for Surulere -Lagos Island bound motorists is Masha through Shitta under Bridge to Adeniran Ogunsanya to Bode Thomas through Alaka service lane onto Iponri, then Costain for onward movement to Lagos Island through Eko Bridge.
* Funsho Williams/ Eko Bridge bound motorists from Surulere to use Masha to link Ogunlana Drive onto Lawason-Itire road to Ojuelegba for onward movement to Funsho Williams Avenue/ Ikorodu road.
* The alternative is for motorists from Surulere to make a detour at Shitta Round About onto Akerele Road through Randle Avenue into Lawason-Itire Road to Ojuelegba for onward movement onto Funsho Williams Avenue/Ikorodu road.
* Surulere bound motorists from Ikorodu road are to use Ojuelegba through Lawason-Itire Road into Randle Avenue to Akerele Road onto Shitta Round About for onward movement within Surulere.
In addition, there will be temporary closure to traffic at the following locations.
* By Alaka on Funsho Williams Avenue (Lanre Shittu Motors) inward stadium.
* Shitta Round About inwards stadium (After AdenIran Ogunsanya)
* Shitta Flyover by Rabiatu Thompson. Both inward and outward movement.
*The service lane inward Teslim Balogun Stadium, as traffic would be diverted to the Main carriageway.