Ahead of the planned employment of 5,000 new officers as the pioneer members for the Neighbourhood Safety Corps in Lagos State, the government has announced the opening for application for employment into the agency.
The development was communicated via a statement released by the Lagos State Government through the Lagos State Neighbourhood Safety Agency, today, Monday, January 30, 2017.
The statement signed by the Executive Secretary of the Corps, Mr. Adegboyega Bajulaiye, called for the invitation of applications from suitably qualified candidates for enlistment into the Neighbourhood Safety Corps.
Interested applicants are to apply online via email@example.com as applications will close on Friday, February 3rd, 2017.
The requirements for application are classified into two categories; special and general.
- Applicant must be a citizen of Nigeria
- Applicant must be certified physically and mentally fit by a Medical Practitioner from a Government Health Institution
- Applicant(s) must not have previous criminal record(s)
- Applicants must not be less than 1.67 meters in height for men or 1.63 meters for women
- Applicant(s) must not be less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement for men
- Applicant(s) must present two (2) verifiable references, one of whom must be either a Traditional Ruler from that locality or a Top Government functionary
- Applicant(s) must not be below 18 years or above 40 years of age
- Applicant(s) must have minimum of West African School Certificate or equivalent with credits in at least five subjects including English Language
- Any candidate who submits more than one application will be automatically disqualified
- NB: the training may be strenuous; therefore, candidates must have not only passion and commitment for the job but also the physical and mental agility that it requires.