Home > My Area > Boiling Ring Burns Down House In Surulere – Lagos

Boiling Ring Burns Down House In Surulere – Lagos

A 80 year old man identified as Godwin Oyla lost his life due to a fire incident which occurred yesterday, Tuesday, September 13, 2016, at No. 5, Aorishade close, Lawanson, Surulere. The fire which completely razed the building was caused by a boiling ring used in one of the rooms in the building.

During the inferno, the whole of the top floor of the building was completely burnt down. The deceased was reportedly burnt to death in his room owing to the incident.

surulere-fire

The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) in a statement revealed that it received a distress call at about 10:40AM regarding the incident. Upon investigation by LASEMA’s Emergency Response Team (ERT) at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that a boiling ring which was being used at the last room on the top floor led to the fire outbreak that engulfed the whole building.

Moments after the incident occurred, rescue officers attached to the Nigerian Red Cross, Nigeria Police Force and Lagos State Fire Service stormed the scene to tend to affected ones. The body of the deceased was later recovered by the LASEMA Emergency Response Team and handed over to the Nigeria Police Force.

surulere-fire-6
Commenting on the incident, General Manager of LASEMA, Michael Akindele, advised Lagosians to ensure safety by switching off all electrical appliances when not in use at home or in the office.

surulere-fire-5 surulere-fire-2 surulere-fire-1 surulere-fire-3

Comments

comments

Idris Aina
Idris is a media and communications professional with keen attention to details. An entertainment enthusiast, he is an ardent fan of the team from the Red Side of Manchester with love for football banters. He tweets with the handle @arlomah.
http://insidemainland.com