Home > Government > Fire outbreak kills two at Ifako Ijaiye

Fire outbreak kills two at Ifako Ijaiye

Children of same parents where trapped in a burning building,in Ifako Ijaiye Lagos Mainland, the fire outbreak took place at about 9 pm on Saturday.

The fire outbreak was from a candle stick. It was said that the mother of the children had lit a candle at night and went out to make her hair, leaving the two children aged two and four inside the house sleeping. the candle later fell and caught fire, consuming the children asleep.

This incident occurred at Number 2, Bola Oyewo Street, Ifako Ijaiye Ogba axis of lagos mainland.

It was gathered that the father of the children, in an attempt to save the situation sustained serious injuries.

Officials of the Lagos State Fire Service and the Lagos State Emergency management Agency, LASEMA, were on ground to put out the fire, But attempts to save the kids proved abortive.

Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Rasak Fadipe confirmed the incident, saying that “Overnight, a bungalow building went on flame and consumed two kids.

Comments

comments

Winifred Okocha
Winifred Okocha is a media personnel who believes information is power and as such always wants to know more. She loves good music and believes soon, the world would be a better place.
http://www.insidemainland.com