Home > My Area > Mende-Maryland residents, Lagos Fire Service fight fire from consuming houses

Mende-Maryland residents, Lagos Fire Service fight fire from consuming houses

There was pandemonium around 8pm today on the quiet community of Mende as a story building at Okunola Estate went up in fire. The conflagration is suspected to to have been ignited by an electricity power surge which affected the air condition unit in the house. The residents were away when the incident occurred. However, the neighbours and residents of Okunola Estate fought the fire with fire extinguishers from a nearby RCCG Church and from private homes. The efforts did little to kill the fire, but slowed the spread to other flats within the building.

The residents also called the Lagos State emergency lines, who responded quite late coming about an hour after they were contacted. Luckily, the fire fighters were quick to stop the rapid spread of the fire to the other houses in the neighbourhood. When InsideMainland visited the scene, one of the fire fighters said they are usually careful to respond to all emergency calls due to false alarms. They claimed they received six false alarms today alone.
pix3
20161105_203558

Comments

comments

Correspondent
InsideMainland correspondents are poised to provide first-hand information where ever the news breaks on the Lagos Mainland. For breaking news, call us on 09022222226 or email enquiry@insidemainland.com Check us on Twitter @Insidemainland
http://insidemainland.com